Early Friday morning my internet got cut off so I've been disconnected for 4 VERY long days now ;) I hadn't realized how much I used it until it was gone...thanks to a generous neighbor, I can at least let everyone know I'm ok (in case you were worried) ;)
The rest of Korea was great & I want to give a shout out & a HUGE thank you to my hostess & friend, Bonnie, who is just finishing up a year of teaching in Seoul. Thanks, Bonnie; safe, adventurous travels for you!
Since then, it's been a farewells, errands, and packing. Most everything I own is strewn around my apartment floor for sorting. Ah, what a chore.
Because I don't have internet access I doubt I'll be able to post often, but I'll update as I'm able!
From August 9-20 I'm hitting some highlights of Japan I haven't seen yet, then spending a few days at a seminary my grandfather's memorial money was sent to over 40 years ago.
August 20-29 I'm in Beijing, China (for the last 3 days of the Olympics!!) and also Yunnan, China. I'll spend 24 hours back in Japan & fly from Tokyo to Minneapolis August 30.
What a journey!!
The best word to describe this month is “bittersweet” it's horribly sad leaving dear friends here in Japan, but I'm SO excited to see many of you in just a month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a great time, Sarah! We'll be thinking of you. The count down is on. Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Emily
Post a Comment