Friday, August 08, 2008

Here I go!


In the morning I'm leaving at 7am, taking a bus & train, meeting a friend to ride the bullet train for 3 hours to the country's most famous & beautiful original castle (it hasn't been rebuilt like most others have been). We'll spend the day around the castle, then I'll keep going 5 more hours south to the island of Shikoku. I'll spend a couple days with a New Zealander friend there, then begin my solo traveling: ferry to the island of Kyushu, visit Nagasaki & the area, & go to northern Japan & spend 4 days at a seminary.

WOW!
Then ~ I'm in China & eventually arrive back in the USA at the very end of this month.

Let the amazing journey begin! :)

Here are a few recent photos:

from my farewell party at church

really fun & delicious sushi dinner with a teacher

My town's festival with 2 hour fireworks ~ the reason I stayed in my town this far past my contract ending! WONDERFUL NIGHT!! And yes, as foreigners, we are superstars! ;)Teacher's kids at the BBQ tonight ~ my true grand finale!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wow, Sarah! Have so much fun on your trip! Take lots of pictures! I will be checking your blog to see what cool things you've been up to! Kara and I leave for Jeju-do tomorrow--I'm super excited about that! :)